Pre-registration and Applications
>> Applications school year 2023_24*
START: 17 NOVEMBER 2023
Minimum number of 17 students to open the course.
- Understand the problems of aging processes by understanding the practices of gerontological social intervention from a transdisciplinary perspective.
- Know the evolution of gerontological social intervention in national and European sociopolitical context.
- Analyse and understand the nature of theories, methodologies and practices of gerontological social intervention, in an articulated and integrated way, privileging a systemic vision and a holistic approach in gerontology.
- Understand the theoretical and methodological frameworks that allow characterizing the target population and their life contexts to support a differentiated close intervention, with full respect for ethical and deontological guidelines.
- Develop, create, implement and manage plans, programmes, projects and activities suitable for gerontological social intervention, with differentiated senior audiences.
- Strengthen a culture of positive citizenship and inclusion of seniors, based on entrepreneurship and community-based social innovation, rooted in participatory, integrated and collaborative approaches.
SKILLS TO BE DEVELOPED:
The Postgraduate Course's general competencies include the development of critical analysis, research, intervention, training, organization and evaluation related to applied gerontological social intervention, including:
- Consolidate knowledge for an interdisciplinary and integrated understanding of the human aging process in different dimensions.
- Apply knowledge to resolve situations caused by current demographic aging trends.
- Develop and apply knowledge in professional practice and research in applied social gerontology.
- Update and strengthen professional skills acquired in pre-graduate training within the scope of applied social gerontology.
- Develop knowledge and skills that facilitate work in interdisciplinary teams and institutional partnerships.
- Develop knowledge and skills to implement interventions focused on promoting active aging, considering the life cycle and advanced age in particular.
- Develop communication skills and application of research results;
- Consolidate and develop self-oriented and autonomous learning skills.
- Professionals in the Social and Human Sciences and Health Sciences.
- Graduates from any disciplinary area with an interest in Applied Social Gerontology.
SCHEDULE (in the classroom):
Fridays: 18h00 às 23h00
Saturdays: 9h00 às 18h00
Duration: 8 months
Total: 292 h
|Sociology and Demography of Aging
|Positive psychology in the aging process
|Public policies, citizenship and active aging
|Entrepreneurship and social innovation in Gerontology
|Research Methodology applied to Gerontology
Applied Social Gerontology I
Gerontology: interdisciplinary science
|Integrated Gerontological Intervention – Community and Collaborative
|Management and Administration Practices of gerontological institutions
|Design, preparation and management of gerontological social intervention projects
|Laboratory of Ethics and Deontology applied to Gerontology
Applied Social Gerontology II
Literacy and Health for the elderly
- 1450€ ou 8 x 181,25 €
- Registration: 70€