Accredited Course by Decision of the Board of Directors of the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (A3ES), dated 31 May 2011, without conditions. Order No. 6056/2019 of July 1, 2019
António Rodrigues, PhD
The Study Cycle aims to qualify and specialize futures or improve current staff of companies and entities in the air transport sector, within the framework of the performance of management functions, direction, or technical direction in the various stakeholders of commercial aviation. The training provided is advanced and transversal to the activity related to Air Transport Operations, and aims to provide students with complementary and comprehensive management knowledge, with a view to optimizing operational performance in the business environment.
The course takes a systemic approach to air travel through the analysis of airlines, airports, frequent flyer programs, from an economic, operational, marketing and financial, performance and human resource management perspective. To this extent, the course provides students with the necessary knowledge for effective and competent integration in the air transport sector.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP BY STUDENTS
This course aims to equip students with the necessary tools to enable them to develop the following structuring skills:
- Understand and master the economic mechanisms of the air transport system, as well as the interdependence of its components;
- Critically appreciate regulatory, economic, professional and political information from a variety of sources.
- Analyze and propose management and planning measures with potential to improve processes in departments of companies and civil aviation entities where they will be inserted;
- Perform duties and perform procedures with a high degree of technical complexity, commitment and professional zeal, recognizing that performance transcends national barriers;
- Value communication as a requirement for aviation efficiency and safety;
- Know how to work in solidarity with groups and organize project teams;
- Master methodological and scientific tools to develop R&D projects.
|Quantitative Methods in Business Sciences||1st Semester||5|
|Business Management Fundamentals||1st Semester||5|
|Air Transport Fundamentals||1st Semester||3|
|Airlines Marketing and Commercial Management||1st Semester||4|
|Air Transport Economics||1st Semester||5|
|Airport Management||1st Semester||3|
People Management in Organizations
Strategic Air Transport Management
|Airworthiness and Maintenance||2nd Semester||5|
|Fleet Planning and Management||2nd Semester||4|
|Quality Management||2nd Semester||4|
|Security Operations and Management||2nd Semester||4|
|Human Factors and Behavior||2nd Semester||4|
|Project Management and Evaluation||2nd Semester||5|
|Research Methodologies in Business Sciences||1st Semester||6|