BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION ENGINEERING
Approved in Notice no. 6446/2017
Course accredited by the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES).
Course qualified to enroll in the College of Civil Engineering of the Order of Technical Engineers (OET).
Specialist Isabel Martins
The Bachelor's degree in Construction and Rehabilitation Engineering provides a solid training offer, focused on rehabilitation techniques, processes and methodologies, giving its holders the necessary knowledge related to the demanding exercise of 'rehabilitate'. It is, above all, a scientific and technical high-capacity response to the current needs of the construction market but mostly the rehabilitation market.
Contrary to uniformity as the principle that assists the teaching of Engineering, this Bachelor's degree intends to enable its holders to act in a sustained and enlightened manner when asked to intervene in actions that go beyond the new construction, safeguarding the solidity of the scientific and technical bases of Civil Engineering.
THE BACHELOR IN CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION ENGINEERING MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Analyze, design, propose and execute engineering solutions applied to buildings
- Develop diagnostic studies for the identified pathologies, propose inspection methodologies, define monitoring strategies and propose rehabilitation techniques
- Define intervention strategies appropriate to the recent or old constructions to be rehabilitated
- Elaborate specifications of demanding requirements
- Define technical specifications of the work to be performed
- Develop intervention projects
- Assume, in diverse organizational contexts, responsibilities at the level of the Works Direction and Coordination, whether it is a new work or a rehabilitation work
COURSE'S TOTAL DURATION
6 semesters (3 years).
The Access Regime for International Students is aimed at all applicants who do not have Portuguese nationality. This regime does not apply to the students who: are a European Union Member state national or, despite not being a Member state national, have continuously been living in Portugal for more than two years.
Admission through this regime is subject to:
- Verification of academic qualifications through: Document proof and a written exam on the subjects of the access exams required for the study cycle – in accordance with the application guide of the general regime.
- Verification of language knowledge through document proof.
- The written exam consists of a written test of knowledge on the language in which the study cycle is taught. For both types of verification, an interview will always be conducted.
Application - Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of Records from the country of origin or a diploma that attests the successful completion of an educational program and entitles the the student to apply for higher education in the country where those certificates were issued;
- Portuguese secondary education diploma or legally equivalent qualification;
- Documentary proof for the verification of the academic qualifications (when applicable)
- Documentary proof for the verification of language knowledge (when applicable)
ERASMUS+ - PLEASE CHOOSE ONLY LINKED CURRICULAR UNITS