Accredited by the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education | Process NCE/11/0118, of 04-06-2012 (Order no. 11140/2012 and its Rectification) | Process PERA/1718/1101181, approved by the Management Board of A3ES on 17 September 2019 Order no. 11412/2019, of 3 December 2019
Doutor Fernando Jorge Costa
Future graduates will have a solid training that will enable them to support and implement the design of energy and environmental solutions, in project and consultancy offices, planning and operation of renewable energy systems, and management of effluent and waste treatment plants. They may also participate in multidisciplinary teams to conduct studies about environmental impact and the rational use of energy and environmental resources.
Along with the more classic objectives, the study programme also includes innovative aspects that will enable future graduates to make a relevant contribution in complementary but crucial areas for business competitiveness, such as occupational safety and health, product design and entrepreneurship.
- Renewable energy system design and planning companies;
- Effluent and waste management and treatment companies;
- Maintenance and technical assistance companies for Renewable Energy equipment;
- Energy certification companies;
- Environmental impact study offices;
- Project and consultancy offices in the areas of energy and environment;
- Research and development groups for renewable energy production systems.
SKILLS TO BE DEVELOPED
This course aims to provide students with the necessary tools to enable them to develop the following structuring skills: planning Renewable Energy systems; designing integrated projects in the area of Renewable Energy and Environment; supervising wind and/or solar farms; designing energy certification projects; designing monitoring plans; developing environmental impact projects; implementing energy efficiency projects; managing resources and waste; knowing the importance of communication as a requirement for resource efficiency; knowing how to work together in groups, and organizing project teams; mastering methodological and scientific tools for the development of R&D projects.
To ensure the development of skills, practical abilities, attitudes and forms of behavior necessary to the training of Renewable Energy and Environment Higher Technicians. Along with the (so-called) more classic objectives, the study program also includes totally innovative aspects that will offer the future graduates an excellent contribution in complementary (but essential) areas for the competitiveness of companies, such as workplace safety and health, product design and entrepreneurship.
This degree is aimed at society in general, namely: students who have completed secondary school; graduates of other degrees whose professional situation would benefit from in-depth knowledge in the field of renewable energy and environment.
MAIN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Future graduates will have solid training that will enable them to support and implement the design of solutions in the field of energy and environment, in project and consultancy offices, in the areas of planning and operation of renewable energy systems, and of management of effluents and waste treatment units. They may also participate in multidisciplinary teams to carry out environmental impact studies, as well as studies on the rational use of energy and environmental resources.
Bachelor's Degree in Renewable Energy & Environment
COURSE'S TOTAL DURATION
6 semesters (3 years).
The Access Regime for International Students is aimed at all applicants who do not have Portuguese nationality. This regime does not apply to the students who: are a European Union Member state national or, despite not being a Member state national, have continuously been living in Portugal for more than two years.
Admission through this regime is subject to:
- Verification of academic qualifications through: Document proof and a written exam on the subjects of the acces exams required for the study cycle – in accordance with the application guide of the general regime.
- Verification of language knowledge through document proof.
- The written exam consists of a written test of knowledge on the language in which the study cycle is taught. For both types of verification, an interview will always be conducted.
Application - Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Transcript of Records from the country of origin or a diploma that attests the successful completion of an educational program and entitles the the student to apply for higher education in the country where those certificates were issued;
- Portuguese secondary education diploma or legally equivalent qualification;
- Documentary proof for the verification of the academic qualifications (when applicable)
- Documentary proof for the verification of language knowledge (when applicable)
EQUIPMENT AND TEACHING MATERIAL
Various equipment available in the Chemistry, Physics and Renewable Energy laboratories. The teaching material is provided by the teachers of each curricular unit.
ERASMUS+ - PLEASE CHOOSE ONLY LINKED CURRICULAR UNITS
Ana, Aeroportos de Portugal; ANPC, Autoridade Nacional para a Proteção Civil; APTPS, Associação Portuguesa de Técnicos de Prevenção e Segurança; ATAM, Associação dos Técnicos Administrativos Municipais; OET, Ordem dos Engenheiros Técnicos; SNE, Sindicato Nacional dos Engenheiros (Técnicos); TAP Portugal; Vila Galé, Sociedade e Empreendimentos Turísticos, SA.